The former Saint-Étienne Church of Coldre, today a chapel, is built on a point in the small town of Briod in the Jura department of France. There is no official record of construction for this chapel. However, there is a hypothesis that this used to be an ancient sanctuary by the discovery of coins from the third and fourth centuries and a deposit of Gallo-Roman dishes. The chapel was first mentioned in a gift deed from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Besançon Anseric at the Abbey of Baume in 1133. Also, there is evidence to suggest that the foundations of the church date back to the year 1000. The ancient cemetery, located 100 meters from the chapelle, was used during the Merovingian dynasty.